Monday, September 24, 2012

Looking ahead to 2013

Never too early to plan ahead, right? Right. This week, even though I have a big event coming up in the near future (Chicago!), I will be thinking ahead to 2013 and beginning the preliminary stages of goal setting.

I have many areas that I want to improve in:

  • family (Dad, husband, brother, son)
  • runner
  • fitness coach (oh. wait. I have to BECOME one first….)
  • Nurse

What areas of your life do you divide yourself into, or do you? Some people I know consider themselves to be just ONE person. Same at work/home, etc. Not me. I bounce in and out of ‘roles’ many times every day.

A buncha years ago, when I worked in a cubicle in Charlestown, MA, the dude on the other side of the cardboard wall would mock my voices. He said that I had many different ones on the phone, depending on who I was speaking with. There was “Hello, this is Sgt. Soboleski” and “Oh, hi, honey” (ex-wife), or “This is Gene, how can I help you”. of course, READING the words doesn’t really do it justice, does it?

Anyway, that’s not the point. What I’m kinda wondering is if YOU have different personalities for your different roles.

Hit me up in the comments! Thanks!!!! (and Josie, I have a hunch that you do….)

1 comment:

  1. oh yes. I have many multiple personalities. Last evening, for instance, I was the evil beast from the pit of hell. Since the kids were actin' up, ya know. I also have a cuddly-coo voice, a "you didn't take out the trash again" voice, the "husband, when the hell you gonna fix the toilet voice". And that creepy voice inside my head.. err, umm, but I won't talk about that one right now. Me thinks I'm talented with multi-voices.

    ReplyDelete