Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June-a-thon

Double posting here for 1 and 2 JUNE…….sorry, yesterday’s access was a bit sketchy.

 

June 1st saw me moving dirt again, instead of running. I must give credit where due, of course. When I let my wife know about my plans to move dirt after work, she asked, via text message, “When r u running?”  to which I replied, “Hadn’t even considered it.” I really like the fact that she is always on the lookout for me. Honestly. I don’t know what I would do without her.

So I didn’t run yesterday, but I did manage to lift weights, in the form of dirt. Who was it that said “Give me a lever long enough, and I can lift the world?” Well, I only had a simple garden shovel…..

Today, though, is National Running Day (www.runningday.org), and even though I didn’t remember that tidbit until AFTER I ran, I got outta bed this morning and ran two miles. It is a simple out and back from our post office to the nearest intersection with a traffic light. Slight uphill in the beginning, for about 200 meters, but smooth, flat sailing after that. I left my music player at home, but had audiofuel singing in my head just the same. I must say that I really enjoy putting my “feet to the beat”!

This morning’s run helped me to reaffirm that running is a good thing for me to be doing. Since this post seems to be full of quotations, here’s another for your enjoyment:

“Running won’t solve your problems, but you’ll both feel a little lighter when you get back.”

True, dat.

2 comments:

  1. It's too bad the dirt can't move itself while you are running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no kidding! that would be great!!!

    ReplyDelete