Tuesday, June 22, 2010

have you seen Gene?

No, I have not been running. I ran in the CBHM two weeks ago, then I ran the Tuesday after that, and not since. Oh, how I have wanted to. Oh, have I have NEEDED to….alas, I cannot.

Not for another 4 days. You see, on Friday 11JUN10, I rolled a VERY large rock (seen here) onto my ankle and inverted it. so much so, in fact, that my knee hit the ground. Or not. sure felt like it, though. As a result, I developed a divot on the OUTSIDE of my lower leg, about 7cm up from my ankle bone. Took 3 days for it to swell. Never turned colors, just swelled.
So I waited a week before getting it checked out. X-rays later, no bone damage, just soft tissue. The NP who examined me told me to lay off of it for at least another week. I told her that the only thing I could promise is that I wouldn’t RUN on it, but that work and yard work had to continue. She wasn’t happy, but was willing to accept it.
At least one of us did.
So I thought I’d be a smarty-pants and jog up our driveway. BAD IDEA. Ouch, ouch, ouch. Since then, I have been a dutiful servant to the pain and have wrapped it, elevated it, iced it, and worn combat boots for support while working in the yard.
Juneathon continues to be mostly core and upper body work in the form of earth moving. I am planning on producing a slideshow to showcase the work that has been done. Stay tuned for that within the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment