Thursday, August 27, 2009

Half of a half

Monday, while Z was at practice, i figured that i would get a jump start on Tuesday's building plans, but when T heard me outside, she called out, "HEY! you're supposed to be RUNNING!!!" So that's what I did. It was only last week that I asked her to please kick me in the butt when I don't train. She is VERY reliable. :D

I trucked over to Hanover so that I could pre-run the first and third loops of the CHaD Half that is LOOMING this weekend. I am very glad that I did, since I was able to determine that the last portion of the race is seriously going to kick my pa-tootie. The first part, roughly 3 miles, isn't all that intimidating as it winds it's way through town, out to the golf course, then back to the green. The middle section, the one I ran last year, will be tough, but i know that section, and am only mildly concerned. The LAST part, though, has some HILLS, BABY.

But I shall persevere. I shall overcome. I shall be humbled.

And then I will rest, recover, and repeat.

I probably don't tell her enough, but I am extremely greatful to T for letting me do this. Think we're ready to try a full Marathon next summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment